Check out our new video on the Universal Magazine Pouch here
We are a firearms training and consulting company located in central
Our goal is to offer and provide the licensed firearms owner with the
level of firearms training they wish to achieve. Our courses are based
on proven teaching techniques and real world needs applications.
With over 20 years experience training both civilians and law
enforcement personnel our instructors have a through knowledge of
Massachusetts firearms laws and hold certifications from the MSP, FBI,
MPTC, and NRA.
SG Tactical courses are time and cost efficient. Dollar for Dollar,
Round for round we are committed to providing you with the finest
firearms training available.
course meets Massachusetts gun licensing requirements of the Gun
Control Act of 1998, which states that all new forearm license
applicants must complete a certified firearms safety course or Basic
Hunter Education Course.
Tuesday, August 26th 6pm – 8pm
200 Sportsmen Club, Sutton Road, Webster, Mass (map)
For more information or to register contact us.
|Tip of the Month
|10 Tactical gun training tips for beginners
1) If you read the course description and you have no idea what any of it means, you probably will not after the course either.
2) If it’s just too much money, then it’s just too much money, please do not mortgage the farm to learn to defend it.
3) Ask questions. Great trainers will appreciate questions and they will help you know what to expect.
4) Look for testimonials. If you can relate to the students who
benefited from the course then you have a better chance of doing the
5) Remember you are paying trainers to provide you with tools to
empower yourself. You are your own best teacher. Listen to yourself.
Ultimately you are the one who decides exactly what you will get out of
each training session or course you attend.
6) Look for holistic approaches to courses that give you a broad base
from which to learn. If you go to highly specialized training events
remember these are equipping you to react in specific ways to specific
circumstances. The average defense student needs to develop a solid
base set of skills before they specialize.
7) Scenario based training is how we connect the dots between putting
holes in a piece of paper and tactics for dealing with real life crisis
situations. It is invaluable.
8) You are doing this to preserve life, while you are at it you should
be enjoying the life you are working on preserving. Good instructors
negate the stress and strain of this type of training by having fun in
their courses. Yes this is serious business but it doesn’t mean
everyone has to wear sunglasses and a frown the whole time. You are not
in the military, the goal is not to break you, the goal is to build a
more confident and capable you.
9) If the instructor makes you nervous before the course even starts it
will only be worse during the course. Nervous people make more mistakes
and learn less. Your instructor should exude so much honest confidence
that it makes you feel safe and relaxed.
10) Defense training is not ever something we master. It is something
we continually practice. This is a life long journey and your only job
is to relax, focus, learn and enjoy the ride!
Via The Daily Caller